Arrogance

29.12.07

Arrogance

The weight of arrogance is such
that no bird can fly
carrying it.

And the man who feels superior
to others, that man
cannot dance,

the real dance when the soul takes God
into its arms and you both fall
onto your knees in
gratitude,

a blessed gratitude
for life.

~St. John of the Cross



Okay...so I keep going back to the subject of living through my head vs. my heart. However, when it comes down to the nitty gritty...I'm struggling a bit. I so bad want to follow my heart without any hesitation. But, there are a few things that seem to be holding me back. And...it figures this would come up at this point in my life. Should I stay or should I go? Should I stay or should I go? Should I stay or should I go? Ahhhhhh...okay!!! Enough!! I'm thinking way too much! And we all know where that leads...

Am I willing to take another risk? However, it doesn't quite feel like a risk...I have never...ever felt this way...

When it comes down to the simplest of things...What, I ask, is most important in life?

I remember a while back talking to one of my customers that I had established a fairly close bond with...yes...I was once a pharmaceutical sales rep...ugh...I'll leave the company nameless for the time being...anyway...we were talking one day and I was questioning so many things...and scaling things down to the most important simplest way I knew how at the time. And, I remember him telling me... "Laruga, be thankful you are coming to these conclusions at this point in your life...because you could be realizing these things at my age...

Why is it so hard for me to decide what I want. I mean, I know what I want but, am I afraid to be truly happy?

I talked to my brother today...he always has a way of keeping it real. He told me..."Laruga, it sounds like you already have your mind made up, but you just want someone to tell you what to do..." Ha! So true. Where's the trust? I need to trust myself...

Sooooo? What's the verdict?

I haven't got a clue...

Just kidding...

When I think, think, and think some more...things become much more complicated somehow.

When I feel what is in my heart...it all comes down to the simplest of things...

Love is where its at...I feel I'm ready...










4 Insightful Comments:

Rebirth2017 said...

Dear Laruga,
I hear ya on the decision making. I've done quite a bit of it in the past year, walking away from a major career to follow my heart. Some of it has been good, some not so good but hey, I am a risk taker most of the time. My soul needed a big and crazy change to keep on going. Wanted to share a part of this "Daily Om" that came my way on my 50th birthday this year while I was at an ashram...taking a risk :)

"By taking risks you are engaging in the ecstatic dance of life. You are paving the way for a deeper exploration of the wonders the universe has to offer. When you are willing to take risks, you create space for endless possibilities. As you seek new and adventurous experiences, you are calling unexpected joy into your life. Looking toward the unknown may seem daunting at first, but fresh experiences invigorate the body and uplift the spirit. Taking chances helps you greet the new and gain a deeper trust and understanding of yourself and others. When you take chances, you take advantage of the gift of discovery and uncover even greater mysteries of life. Letting go of the ordinary today can help you reveal that which is extraordinary in yourself."


Thought it well said and so I share it with you. Whatever you do, make 2008 great in every way :)
Blessings to you!

chasing rainbows said...

Laruga,
You know how I feel about should you stay or should you go. I say grab that shiny brass ring before the merry go round takes you past it and you might not have another chance. Are you afraid of being happy? Yes, I think you are. I know from personal experience that you must realize that #1 you are worthy of happiness and #2 that you are responsible for your own happiness. I love you and I want to see you be happy more than anything else right now. I'm rooting for you, I'm on your side and I will help you on this journey in any way I can. And you will always, always have a safe place to land.

peaceloveyoga said...

Thank you for the kind and inspiring words...Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Tracy said...

Dear One~
Remember in the book..Love without End..."Don't think with your head..feel with your heart...the Heart always knows....follow your heart Laruga! I do and it NEVER leads me astray~
Love to you~
Tracy

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger