Bring in the Light

18.4.08


"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the LIGHT of a single candle."


~Francis of Assisi



The weather here is finally getting warmer...its soooo nice. One thing about living in Columbus is that when nice days come you never take them for granted.

Practice this morning was good. Nothing earth shattering...just showed up, and I'm happy and thankful to.

Yesterday our morning practice group workshoped instead of doing our respective traditional practices. Its was fun. I have to admit the whole mind body connection thing is my passion. I enjoy being a student of the whole process, and studying practitioners as well. Finding the balance of strength, and alignment, with the combination of effort and surrender intrigues me to no end.

Also, I've been asked by a friend to help out by giving feedback regarding a project of his, and I'm kind of becoming a glorified guinea pig, if you will. Right now he's in Bejing, China teaching English. I met this Australian bloke in India, and we've continued to stay in touch periodically. Anyway, he and some friends of his have a really great idea brewing regarding an interactive yoga experience. I don't want to go into too much detail because for one its in development stages, but two...its his idea. Geesh, why didn't I think of it first? Hahaha. Well, if anything I'm happy to help.

One disturbing thing came up though when I was talking to my friend. He told me about all the biased information being pumped out in China regarding the Dali Lama, and the Tibetan people. He also went on to tell me that propaganda is continuously fed to the Chinese on a daily basis. Its really disgusting. Hopefully in time the truth will be revealed. I have faith it ultimately will. Its easy to get caught up in the negativity of a situation. However, the most powerful thing we can do is extend peace to the area, and even extend love and light to the oppressors as well. A tough lesson...and many times a challenging thing to do. But the minute we start to believe that we are separate its all over...


0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger