Coffee Plant

22.7.08



You talk when you cease to be at peace with your thoughts; and when you can no longer dwell in the solitude of your heart you live in your lips, and sound is a diverson and a pastime. And in much of your talking thinking is half murdered. For thought is a bird of space, that in a cage of words may indeed unfold its wings but cannot fly.

~ The Prophet, p. 60



I've been lost in a sea of feelings lately. Not all bad...not all good...can't judge it, because it is what it is. Sometimes I wonder why I am so damn sensitive. I'm not talking about hurt feelings. It's other things. It's a mystery on how to handle it in a manner that works for me. Maybe I need to journal more. These are ideas I'm throwing out there. I guess if I had the correct system I wouldn't be asking these questions at the moment.

I'm supposed to be doing a yoga demo at the studio this Saturday evening. Not sure what my feelings are regarding this. I agreed because Mr. Wang felt it was a good way to introduce myself to the community, and for new students interested in Ashtanga Yoga to see full Primary Series. Whatever...so I agreed. I'll treat it like any other practice. I guess its the way they do things here...which is fine...I take it in stride...just go with the flow. I'm still gonna go on a killer hike that morning with a group of students. They were surprised...they asked me...what about your demo? I tried to explain in a why they could understand that for me it will be practice, while it just so happens, others will be watching. Not sure if they understood. They may think I'm a bit strange. Hahaha...

Practice has been good...and like I've said before...extremely sweaty. First several weeks I stuck with Primary Series to get my body back into balance. Which helped. The last week, I've been doing 2nd...with no 3rd Series add ons. I'm easing myself into my practice...no need to rush. With the climate, it has helped to take it a bit slower. No biggie. Everyday I feel more acclimated, and will soon feel ready to play around with a bit of 3rd after 2nd. Not that it really matters.

I've been dealing with a a tight hip flexor/psoas muscle on my left side...and on my right side...my shoulder. Very strange. My shoulder simply feels like its a bit off balance or out of alignment. Wonder if there is a good chiropractor around here? Seriously...I feel like I need someone to snap me back into place. Could be the extremely hard bed I've been sleeping on. It puts the 'F' in firm...let me tell ya. Now, I know I could sleep just about anywhere on anything.



0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger