Seeking

7.7.08

"When someone is seeking," said Siddhartha, 'it happens' quite easily that he only sees the thing that he is seeking; that he is unable to find anything, unable to absorb anything, because he is only thinking of the thing he is seeking, because he has a goal, because he is obsessed with his goal. Seeking means: to have a goal; but finding means: to be free, to be receptive, to have no goal. You 'O worthy one, are perhaps indeed a seeker, for in striving towards your goal, you do not see many things that are under your nose.

~ Siddhartha, by Herman Hesse



I'm in a constant state of sweat. Practice in the morning...I sweat like crazy. Mysore class, I sweat like crazy...after numerous Supta Kurmasana adjustments, supported back bending, and other various adjustments, my clothes are soaked. Afternoon classes...the same. It's been a challenge maintaining constant fluid intake...while fluid seem to be pouring out of me continuously.

It rains just about everyday. Yesterday, it rained so hard that I literally had to yell at the top of my lungs for the students to hear me in class. It was really funny, the students took it in stride, even with the fact that their English is limited...as is my Chinese...hahaha.

Just about everyday a student gives me some sort of food or exotic fruit. It's very sweet. My fridge is already stocked with mango...these huge grapes I've never seen before...and various other fruits I can't even name.

Everyday I learn something new.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger