Wanting...

19.8.08







Don't try to convince anyone of anything. When you don't know something, ask or go away and find out. But when you do act, be like the silent, flowing river and open yourself to a greater energy. Believe--that's what I said at our first meeting--simply believe you can.

At first, you'll be confused and insecure. Then you'll start to believe that everyone thinks they're being conned. It's not true. You have the knowledge, it's simply a matter of being aware. All the minds on the planet are so easily cast down--they fear illness, invasion, attack, death. Try to restore their lost joy to them.

Be clear.

Reprogram yourself every minute of each day with thoughts that make you grow. When you're feeling irritated or confused, try to laugh at yourself. Laugh out loud at this woman tormented by doubts and anxieties, convinced that her problems are the most important thing in the world. Laugh at the seer absurdity of the situation, at the fact that despite being a manifestation of the Mother, you still believe God is a man who lays down the rules. Most of our problems stem from just that--from following rules.

Concentrate.

If you can find nothing on which to focus your mind, concentrate on your breathing. The Mother's river of light is flowing in through your nose. Listen to your heart beating, follow the thoughts you can't control, control your desire to get up at once and to do something "useful." Sit for a few minutes each day doing nothing, getting as much as you can out of that time.



~excerpt from the novel, The Witch of Portobello, by Paulo Coelho



What do you want?
...someone asked me recently.

Good question...as far as I recall, I answered back with something lame...and then it occurred to me later...wait a minute...let me chew on this for a moment...

What I want is to stop wanting. I'm tired of wanting.

Sure. There are things I would still like to do and discover. But...I don't really want to want anything. Does that mean I'll amble through life with no meaning? No. Don't think so.

To be more clear...wanting in the sense it will bring greater fulfillment.

You know, this is a big step for me to take. To truly step out and do what it is I feel I would like to do...without thinking...just do what is I want in those moments of clarity. But...wanting...I'm tired of wanting.

Does this make any sense?...or have I totally lost my mind. Which could totally be the case. :)

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger