You are so

14.12.08




So that's what destiny is: simply the fulfillment of the potentialities of the energies in your own system.


~ Joseph Campbell



While in Taiwan, I've taught at four different places. And the first thing students say, consistently, when they see me is...

You're so young. You'll be teaching us?

Yeah. I make an awesome first impression. Hahaha. Anyway, I then say...

Well, I'm 32.


Not old by any means, but not too young. I suppose.

I mean. I don't really think I look all that young. However, most students take me for being anywhere from 20 to 23. Maybe it's because I don't wear any makeup on the job. Dunno. Hahaha. Little do they know I have the maturity of an 18-year-old. Hahaha. Just kidding. Well. No. I'm not.

Soon. We establish trust.

The group I have now were previous yoga light practitioners. A lovely bunch. However, they are feeling some of the physicals woes of an Ashtanga practice at the moment. Lots of soreness. Many have felt parts of their bodies, recently, that had previously laid dormant. One thing they do have is enthusiasm, and curiosity, along with a plethora of questions. Which makes them a delight to work with. Some, I do believe, are questioning why take on such a challenging practice, as their arms and hamstrings scream at them from the soreness. However, I do my best to explain that, in the beginning, there is a breaking down process, then a building up. And, naturally the longer one practices it continues in this cyclical fashion.

I feel a mutual respect has formed organically. Over and over, I've been impressed by what I've witnessed. Never would I have expected it to be this much fun, and challenging at the same time.

Can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing.

2 Insightful Comments:

Tiffany said...

"Little do they know I have the maturity of an 18-year-old. Hahaha. Just kidding. Well. No. I'm not. "

HAHA I have a feeling we're going to have great times! xoxo

peaceloveyoga said...

You better believe it!!

:)

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger