Summer Reading

21.7.10



























"Sometimes I feel like there’s a hole inside of me, an emptiness that at times seems to burn. I think if you lifted my heart to your ear, you could probably hear the ocean. The moon tonight, there’s a circle around it. Sign of trouble not far behind. I have this dream of being whole. Of not going to sleep each night, wanting. But still sometimes, when the wind is warm or the crickets sing… I dream of a love that even time will lie down and be still for. I just want someone to love me. I want to be seen."

(Practical Magic)


I've been obsessed with images of water lately. Especially ocean waves. For as long as I can remember I've had an affinity for the ocean. Living in Stockholm water is everywhere. It meanders throughout the city, and it's easy to forget Stockholm resides on over 14 islands when roaming about. The bridges and tunnelbanna (subway) connect the city in an organized fashion. For fun you can kayak throughout Stockholm's canals. Already tried it once. Talk about sore back muscles. At any rate, it's good fun.

Stockholm is a café culture. Every street corner dawns a coffee shop. Heck, I've seen four on one city block. Some better than others, however essentially the same. Comfy and cozy, with plenty of seating outside. It is almost sacrilegious to sit inside with such beautiful weather, and the bluest skies imaginable. Which reminds me ... I need to take more pictures! My camera has been collecting dust the past several months.

In the lazy days of summer I've been doing the ceremonial summer reading. You know, reading out of pure entertainment. I've been devouring the Millennium Series books. Love it. Yes, it's a bit violent. Yes, it's a bit graphic, but I can't stop reading! Haven't come across a heroine (if you dare call her that) with the likes of Lisbeth Salander in a long time. Well, let me rephrase that ... I never have.

I had to give the books a go since the author is Swedish, and been wildly popular worldwide. Only three books were published. I'm reading the last one now. There were plans for 10, however Stieg Larsson died of a heart attack in 2004 after turning in the manuscripts for the three novels to his publisher, cutting the series short. Our loss. Nonetheless, still interesting books to read.

However, after reading the nature of his books I wonder if there wasn't some foul play centered around his death. I know, my imagination is running wild after reading the novels, lol. Anyway, if in the mood for entertaining reading of the criminal thriller genre give'em a go.





















The Girl with the Dragon TattooThe Girl Who Played with Fire (Vintage)The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger