Samurai's Creed

27.1.12

Mysore, India

 I have no parents; I make the heaven and earth my mother and father. 
 I have no home; I make awareness my dwelling. 
 I have no life and death; I make the tides of breathing my life and death.  
 I have no divine power; I make honesty my divine power. 
 I have no means; I make understanding my means. 
 I have no magic secrets; I make character my magic secret.  
 I have no body; I make endurance my body.  
 I have no eyes; I make the flash of lightning my eyes. 
 I have no ears; I make sensibility my ears.  
I have no limbs; I make promptness my limbs. 
 I have no strategy; I make “unshadowed by thought” my strategy  
I have no designs; I make “seizing opportunity by the forelock” my design.  
I have no miracles; I make right action my miracle.  
I have no principles; I make adaptability to all circumstances my principles. 
 I have no tactics; I make emptiness and fullness my tactics.  
I have no talents; I make ready wit my talent.  
I have no friends; I make my mind my friend. 
 I have no enemy; I make carelessness my enemy.  
I have no armor; I make benevolence and righteousness my armor. 
 I have no castle; I make immovable mind my castle. 
 I have no sword; I make absence of self my sword. 
Samurai's Creed
I love the idea of a creed. Words to live by. Words to put into practice. It takes vigilant skill to keep watch over the mind. To make every action a work of art. The above Samurai's creed drives the point home. Transforming circumstance into something higher. I love it. 

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger