Breath is the Bridge

8.8.12





Stockholm

"Our breath is the bridge from our body to our mind, the element which reconciles our body and mind and which makes possible oneness of body and mind. Breath is aligned to both body and mind and it alone is the tool which can bring them both together, illuminating both and bringing both peace and calm." - Thich Nhat Hanh


Breath is the bridge. This has been my mantra this week . . . Honestly, I've been going through some interesting stuff internally during my stay in Taiwan. Once I attain some semblance of clarity, I will share. I've been working various balance points, and it has been a challenge. Planning for the future which requires intense focus, all the while, staying present, stepping into various roles, and still feeling connecting to my center, can be an interesting dynamic to play around with. To say the least, I've been touched by the warmth of the people and community in Taiwan. So in that regard, I feel grateful. Experiencing internal upheaval has in many instances given me the opportunity to recess my direction, my life, hopes and dreams. Also, a big one for me is what is holding me back? That, more than anything, has been a big issue for me. I know where much of it has manifested and truly sometimes I wonder if I will ever heal from it? I am sure many of you out there can attest to this. When stricken with certain events and misgivings in life often we find better ways to cope, but maybe haven't truly resolved or come to terms with it fully. I am only human, and when I start to feel the cracks in my being, though painful, brings me closer to my humanity. I soften. I come out of the numbing. So much in life pulls us out of the quiet and the stillness, but it is only here where we can find our truth. 

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger